Friday, September 30, 2011

Classic Crime...

To be honest I didn't get into Classic Crime until recently. Glad I saw the light. So anyway today I was listening to The Silver Cord and heard the song 5805. The line:
Now we are swimming in memories, how we wish we could go back We hold the hope that someday we'll see the world again like that.
These words perfectly describe how I have been feeling lately. So I am writing my own song about it. Do you ever feel that way? Like the world was better in the past and everything has gotten progressively worse? The sky isn't nearly as bright blue, it rains more often, (well this year that one is true) Dreams that you saw among the stars have come crashing down to shatter on the blacktop of reality... It's a sad day when life changes from the secure, idealized version you see as a child, to the stark cold image of mans imperfection it truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment